Friday, September 28, 2007

I had so much fun I went to bed at 530

It was such a fun time. First when they put the needle in my port, it hurt, a lot, even though I had put the lidocaine lotion on it ahead of time. They claim it will hurt less each time in the future.

The doctor said as a result of the chemo, I am a little anemic. Not bad but they are watching it. However it would be responsible for some fatigue and shortness of breath.

They were concerned about an allergic reaction to the Taxol so they gave me an IV of Benadryl first. I am not allergic to Taxol. I am allergic to IV Benadryl. I had the skin crawling heebie jeebies the whole time I was there. I was told to put IV Benadryl on the list of things I am allergic to.

They told me to take one of the medications I have here at home and sleep for a couple of hours. Well, I did sleep. Walter did come and ask me twice if I was getting up for dinner - of course I was. Ha!

Finally, the nurse looked at my steristrips and said I don't need them any more so she TOOK THEM OFF!!! No more itchiness! This was the highlight of my day.

Well its over. I survived. I now get to watch for numbness and tingling in hands and feet, this can appear anytime over the next few months and may or may not ever disappear, and for bone and joint pain over the next few days, which should disappear when I am done with Taxol.

One down, 11 to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! My oldest brother got through chemo pretty well -- not the usual experience one hears about of incredible nausea and pain.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...