Friday, September 7, 2007

So how do I really feel? And how do I spend my time?

Everyone asks, how am I feeling? How do I spend my time? Well, most days I wake up feeling relatively okay. If I am going to do anything productive that day, I usually need to motivate in the morning. By early to mid-afternoon, I usually start to feel like I was hit by a truck and need to lie down and possibly nap for a while. There is also that vague nausea feeling that lurks and lingers. Sometimes I take the drugs for it (but then get all the previously noted side effects so I try to avoid them unless its really bad).

How do I define 'hit by a truck'? Its not feverish, its just complete exhaustion. This then becomes the best part of the cat's day. I lie down, he lies down, usually on me on those really HOT days, and snuggles while I sleep. The hotter the day, the more he hogs the fan and snuggles. (WAIT UNTIL ITS BELOW 60 for snuggling, you moron.)

Anyhow, I do go for walks. I had to skip a day the other day because I was too tired. I am also working part time at Lexington Community Ed when I can fit it between naps and doctor appointments. They are very nice to me there and don't let me stay too long. Its 5 minutes from home. (Kind of weird because it is in the main office of the high school I attended a few years back and the main office is never the place I wanted to be... But thats another story for another day.)

I don't go out much at all. There are several reasons - avoiding crowds and germy people; can't stay up past 830 at night usually; food (as previously noted) has very fickle flavors and tastes; that 'hit by the truck' feeling that keeps me from being social; and who wants to hang out with someone who looks like they might throw up?

That's my life. Yes, boring. Not much going on. I go to the library probably every week. I go to a support group every week. I have become addicted to certain TV shows - Food Network, Bravo's Top Chef. (I forgot to watch this week's episode but its on again this afternoon at 4pm. Now I have my plan for the afternoon - must walk, work, and be home to watch it!) See my priorities?

Walter tries to tell me too many cooking shows will rot my brain but I don't believe him.

PS I have been taking my temperature regularly every day and it hasn't gone over 99.7 all week!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...