Sunday, January 11, 2009

Out of touch people

There are some people who are simply out of touch and don't get the basics in life. A case in point is the man mentioned in this article. He blames the naval warships for the death of his nephew. Who was a pirate and was involved in a high speed escape from the warships with the ransom received for a ship. This is kind of like a bank robber blaming the police for an accident that occurred while they were driving away fast while fleeing the scene of the crime. I don't think so. (Yes, I know Somalia has a lot of problems and there aren't a lot of ways to make a living there that aren't illegal.) But if you choose an illegal way of life, this is called 'consequences'. How's that for a little Sunday morning rant?

As I continue my boring life (it really is boring - the cat regularly falls asleep), yesterday I met some friends for coffee and then a friend came over for a walk. I did get some laundry done as well before we had retirement celebratory pizza and salad for dinner. I also watched most of 'Mamma Mia', finally. Its pretty good. Definitely a chick flick, and a musical. I will watch the rest this morning while I fold laundry.

Yesterday I did some research. I have found it is very useful to keep a daily blog because if you forget anything (because you are old, blonde, or have chemo brain), you can go look it up quite easily. I found that I first complained about my back pain on November 29, which means I have been whining (or suffering in silence) for a paltry six weeks.

Today my back chose to wake me up early. Advil is a good thing. I think I will continue to take Advil and ignore my back and go snow shoeing this afternoon. I can go to the conservation land near here and not have to wait for anything to be plowed or shoveled. (I can also supervise Walter's snow removal from the warmth indoors.) I need some exercise and we got 4-5" of new snow last night. Such is my boring life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your link is bad - Jack

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...