Sunday, March 8, 2009

And a wonderful time was had by all



We went to the beach yesterday - did I forget to say that? It was great. nothing like the beach with blue skies, sunshine, 36 degree water and snow drifts. Yes, snow on the beach. Needless to say we did not go in the water (but there were people wading!!! - they must now be familiar with the term frostbite). There were some snow balls thrown as well. But both of us missed.

After the beach, we went out to the local clam shack for clams which were made to be unhealthy by frying them but I am sure they were organic free range clams out of the ocean. On the way home, I got the brainstorm to stop by and feed my friend's cats who is away for the weekend (the friend is away, the cats are at home). However the brain storm did not include remembering the key to her house so I had to go back over.

We also went out to dinner last night for Chinese food to celebrate my mother's birthday. When the check came, I knew I got the right fortune cookie because the Learn Chinese side was "To see a doctor". Of course, me of all people would need to know how to ask to see a doctor if I was in China. Anyway, today we will eat much more healthily (is healthily a word - I thought I made it up but spell check seems to think its okay). We are also have salad week. Usually I make Walter's lunch every day and usually its a sandwich. This week we are having salads every day. I will make two - one for each of us. The idea is to increase our vegetable intake so as to counteract our non-healthy intake yesterday.

Once again on a Saturday night my back chose not to cooperate. I was up for several hours in the middle of the night and then finally got up this morning early to ice it. Grrr.... The laundry theory doesn't apply because I only did a little laundry yesterday - the rest is waiting for me today. I did find out yesterday that bumpy roads make my back hurt. Grr, grr, grr, grr.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...