Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fatigue or being tired

I think technically there is a difference between fatigue and being tired. But all I know is I feel exhausted a lot. Now perhaps you think it is because I overscheduled myself but I don't think that's the case. How about I don't sleep enough because I wake up because either my back is hurting or a hot flash? Then I don't always get back to sleep because one or the other of them recurs? This can cause fatigue and tiredness (and crabbiness if you believe what my husband says).

All I know is that last night I went to bed early because I was tired and then was up in the middle of the night because of my back and then couldn't get back to sleep for a bit. Then I slept through the alarm (good thing I don't need to rush out for a job in the morning) and now am exhausted sitting here. But I already made beef stew for St Patrick's Day which is in the crock pot and am going to go to the gym this morning because its too cold to go outside. Apparently it is almost spring but still only 27 degrees this morning. I can't wait until later to go for a walk because I am too busy. Possibly a tad overscheduled but I am not admitting that today.

Yesterday my back only hurt minorly and mostly cooperated. I meant to ice it after dinner but I was sitting in a comfy chair and that would have meant moving to get the ice, etc. Actually I was very comfy and intrigued by this movie on PBS. It was very low key and pretty amazing to watch. In the late 1960's a guy retired and moved to the Alaskan wilderness and built everything by hand. He lived there for 35 years I think. We were flipping channels and stumbled on it and then couldn't turn it off. All I could think of while watching it is that he is very lucky his health held up during those years. If his health was anything like mine, he wouldn't have lasted 35 days, never mind 35 years.

Anyway, enough drivel for the morning. Off to the gym before I get unmotivated (and the treadmills fill up).

1 comment:

Debby said...

I loved that series as well. If you would like to read the book, it is called 'One Man's Wilderness', written by Sam Keith. It is based on the journals and photographs of Richard Proenneke. It is very good and the pictures are lovely.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...