Monday, March 9, 2009

Signs of spring

Well, first I should say its Boston so spring is kind of iffy for another month or so. But the signs are here:

- We got a 10" snow storm last Monday and it all melted in a week. This is different than January where it sticks around for a month or so.
- I saw a robin. I didn't get my camera out in time but I really did see a robin.
- It was actually nearly 60 degrees two days in a row.
- My crocuses are starting to appear. They are very little still but its a start. I am also at the point where I need to check the garden every day when I leave the house and return. My husband thinks I am crazy (but I know I'm not - maybe just a touch obsessive about it but that's another story).
- The cat once again, after a three month interlude where he didn't care, wants to be an outside cat. He sits in the front entry and pushes on the screen door. Not happening, especially until we find out what is wrong with his eye. (But the vet has been called and we hope to see her this week.)
- It is snowing again today. See its Boston. This is the view out my front door this morning. Yesterday we had grass. Today we have snow.
This is the view out my office window. That road you can see is Mass Ave - which is the main road in town. I use this view to tell if I want to go out or not. If the main roads are bad, they are all bad. They are bad this morning.
So, spring will be iffy for a while but in the meantime, perhaps I will get some flowers.

Speaking of the cat, this morning while I was trying to get a little extra sleep, he decided to sit on me. It is not conducive to easing back pain to have a delicate 16 lb cat sit on you but he can be very persistent. Apparently he had issues. He could see the bottom of his food dish. He wanted some treats. And he was thirsty. Walter doesn't feed him or give him treats usually. Sometimes he will break down but usually leaves it to me so the cat begs me all the time. He never runs water in the sink for the cat which is what he really wants. He was taught this bad habit while he was staying at my parents now it is mostly the only way he will drink water. He doesn't like water in a bowl. He doesn't like the fountain water dishes. He wants running water in the sink (and has been caught drinking out of the toilet - eeeewww!).

I was trying to sleep late this morning because once again my back hurt last night. Grrr, grrr, grrr, grrr. I am not happy. I will talk to the therapist tomorrow about this. I need to be able to sleep. Grrr, grrr, grrr, grrr. Lack of sleep is conducive to crabbiness.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...