Monday, July 13, 2009

Am I prepared?

The question of the day is: Am I prepared? A couple of weeks ago my boss at my new job recommended me to a friend of his to do work for his company as well. We went back and forth by phone and on email and negotiated a deal. I will do a marketing/branding plan for them. I have done some prep work but today is the big deal - go down and meet with them for two hours this afternoon so I can write the plan for them. I have never met these people. Am I biting off more than I can chew? I don't know.

I do know working for people who regularly yell at you and then dealing with medical crap which is overwhelming can be bad for self confidence. I have chemo brain (or claim to) and can I remember stuff long enough to write a marketing plan? My big fear in my new jobs is that what if I am looked at like I am an idiot because I can't remember if I asked something already. I just take lots of notes and reread them...

- Do I have everything I need for the meeting? I don't even know how many people I will be meeting with. Probably around 10-15 but I am not sure.

- What they hell will we talk about for two hours? Will I remember everything? I will take lots of notes.

- What do I wear? I have no idea. Its not an interview. We already have an agreement but I need to make a good first impression. (You only have one chance to make a first impression... blah, blah, blah)

- Can I get out of there before rush hour? The meeting is scheduled from 2-4 and is south of Boston which means lots of traffic if we run late.

In the meantime, my back hurt a lot last night but I bought a big reusable cold pack which comes with a cloth bag and stretchy straps so that I could strap it on and walk around with ice on my back. It was great. But my back still hurt. I took a pain pill and that helped. But Walter is out of town this week and I never sleep well when he is not here. And it doesn't help when the cat thinks that 5 am is the perfect time to demand food. (Just because the sun is up, doesn't mean I am awake. And you could have eaten the rest of the food in your dish before you woke me up!) We will have to renegotiate this one this week.

However I have a very busy week planned. Provided I don't over schedule myself...

1 comment:

Denise said...

Enjoyed your blog. I am an Ovarian cancer survivor.

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...