Friday, July 31, 2009

Getting rid of the black cloud that has been following me around

Or, how did my life turn in to a bad country music song? My friends dying, my back pain, the oil tank, the car, the cat's diabetes, stress from work, and I can't remember it all now because there is just too much! My goal is to get rid of the black cloud and return to happier times.

First I am going away this weekend on a Casting for Recovery retreat but this time as a volunteer which means less fishing I think but I still think it will be great. I have prepared myself with a proper pedicure to go with my fishing.

I will drive the reliable ten year old car with 135,000 miles on it and not the crappy new car with 8700 miles on it. We got it back yesterday and they couldn't find anything wrong with it.

I will not go down into the basement so I have to look at the oil tank until it is fixed on Wednesday. If I pretend its not there, I can't stress as much about it. (This is my mature attitude coming through - if I don't see it, I can't let it bother me.)

I will not take my laptop with me this weekend so I will have to relax more instead of dealing with work.

I will sit in the sun (wrinkles & cancer - who cares right now? and relax. (Sunscreen and hat). I will read a trashy novel on the beach today before the retreat starts.

I will get rid of the little black cloud that has been following me around.

2 comments:

Hua said...

Hi Caroline,

Hope the retreat helps to get rid of that black cloud of yours. Have fun!

I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients).  I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at Wellsphere.com/health-blogger.  Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you!  The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua

Arla said...

Now that's a great pedicure for a beautiful weekend! Dance that black cloud away..... :)

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...