Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Because I needed something new
These are lotus blossoms we saw in RI in a garden on the side of the road. To give some perspective, each leaf is about 18" across. They were huge. But buds were the size of a grapefruit.
I woke up in the middle of the night with a rash on my leg (and back pain). This isn't a little bitty rash, but a nice wide spread one that is actually on both legs, my chest and left arm. It does not really itch. It does not look like poison ivy. It is just irritating. My husband's theory is that it is caused by stress. I don't know but I do know I am going to Walgreens the second it opens to get some anti itch stuff... The stuff we have is all expired...
It is possible I have too much stress in my life. My brother gave me a mini-lecture on stressing too much (and suggested I be more like him who never worries about anything but admits that is the other end of the spectrum). What do I have for stress?
- Death and funeral of a friend. Death and funeral of another friend. Death of an old friend, who I haven't seen in a long time but is still sad.
- Work for one job - hurry up we have a deadline, oh did you rush? We don't have the material yet but we will tomorrow. Do you think we can get it out tomorrow? We promise to have the material for you so you can do it all tomorrow. Can you fit it in? Please?
- Work for a second job - just having to drive there and figure out their system...
- Work for a third job - can you do phone research interviews with our clients? How are they coming? Are they done yet? Did you get any good quotes?
- Work for a fourth job - can you keep me posted on everything you are doing? Did the release run? Is it on the calendar? It has to be done THIS week.
- Work for a fifth job - where is that proposal? Can we set up another meeting? Can you email me what you have and we can decide if we like what you are doing?
- Stupid car that is new and broke down and we had towed that we took to the dealer yesterday (after coming back early so we could get it to them) and then they didn't touch it at all yesterday (but did give us a rental) but will call when its ready.
- Back pain so that I don't get to sleep.
No I don't think I have stress. Do you?
So yesterday we left mid morning to return home. We stopped and played mini-golf. We'll just say I did really badly (but can I blame my back?). The car actually would start so we drove it to the dealer. I did some work - that I thought would all be waiting for me but wasn't. I also cleared out some email and started laundry and cooked dinner. Today I am going for a walk, doing some work, and going to my other job. With my rash but after I stop at Walgreens.