Saturday, December 22, 2007

I keep forgetting

So I have chemo brain still, that is my excuse for the next twenty years. But anyhow, I digress. I keep forgetting I only had surgery on Tuesday and that perhaps is why I feel tired, fall asleep in front of the TV (two nights in a row), and feel crappy (technical term) a lot. It has been four whole days. No wonder I am exhausted. My goal today is to get some fresh air. I haven't breathed any of that good clean air since Monday. Perhaps it is time to go outside and go for a walk. It has snowed so much recently but they plow the bike path. (Don't get me started on that one. They have allocated money to plow the bike path as a test this winter but individuals and businesses are responsible for clearing the side walks in front of their properties. Also, the town is supposed to clear up the walkways at schools. The easiest place in town to walk is the bike path.) Needless to say I will not walk on sidewalks but will walk on the bike path.

My other big plan for the day is we have a party to go to this afternoon. I made tiramisu yesterday for the party. (If you on the guest list you get some, otherwise find an Italian restaurant.) Walter thinks I should take it easy for the morning so I am well rested for the party. I want to go for a walk. He is going to work this morning and won't know if I go for a walk or not. Hah! (But then he gets to say 'I told you so'.) The joys of married life. Someone else tries to tell you what to do.

Otherwise, not much of an exciting life to lead. My little friend nausea returned for a while - perhaps it was because I was tired yesterday. I ran lots of errands in the morning. Heartburn reappeared as well. Maybe I can fit in another Netflix this morning too. I definitely get our money's worth out of it these days!

By the way, of all the side effects, chemo brain is one of the ones that may never go away so I can use this for a very long time. Unfortunately the numbness and tingling in my hands and feet may not depart for a long time as well.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...