Monday, December 17, 2007

Today I spent over 4 hours at Lahey clinic. Tomorrow I get to spend even more time. I called the surgeon's office this morning and they fit me in. Apparently the MRI and ultra sound show these two areas that need to be checked. No, the surgeon doesn't think they are more cancer either but he has to check. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. The surgeon first said I can't do the surgery for three weeks and then he said he could fit me in tomorrow if I wanted. (Who's he kidding? Wait around and stress for three more weeks? Oh, I love that waiting! Not!) Then he realized that I only had chemo last week so he had to consult with the medical oncologist and send me off for blood tests, a chest x-ray, and an EKG to make sure I am okay to have surgery. Then I waited for another hour and a half (I think he forgot about me) and finally got the okay to have surgery tomorrow. In the exciting interim, I unearthed an artifact - a 1978 copy of National Geographic. (It had an article on the Grand Canyon. I don't think its changed much since.)

To make a long story short (I bet you thought I was going to ramble forever) is I am having another basic lumpectomy tomorrow, maybe even in two spots. I get to have steri strips again - just in case I didn't have enough of them so far. I will be home for dinner. My stress level should go down. I should hear back from the surgeon's office in a week or so.

Today's drive to Lahey and back was made more exciting by all the people who lost their ability to drive when the see snow banks near by. What could those big white things be? I'll sit here and look at them for a few minutes before turning... Grrr.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...