Thursday, December 6, 2007

Procrastination!

Once again, I am procrastinating on going to Lahey. Need to be there in 1 hour. Need to allow 35 minutes or so to drive, park, and walk to get there on time. I am showered. I am not dressed, not eaten anything, or brushed my teeth. I did make the bed and check my email. Does that count? Walter will start 'reminding me' that it is time to go shortly. That is when I will start getting dressed. He is always on time and tries to make me stop procrastinating.

Today is the big appointment with the medical oncologist to find out about 'what is next' after chemo. We get to talk about things like follow up tests, hormone therapy for five years, and, most importantly of all, when I can get my port out. My personal preference would be in about 10 days, just after my last chemo. I have heard they like patients to keep their port in for about three months after chemo, just in case. While you have a port, if not going for regular infusions, you still have to go monthly to get it flushed, which is a pain in the neck. I really want it out soon. I will see what he has to say. Maybe I can persuade him. He has shown some flexibility in these things in the past.

Did you see the latest news story? Fit or fat? Which one? Apparently, it is okay to be a little bit fat if you are fit. They define fit as walking briskly for 30 minutes five times a week. Does this mean I can keep my flabbiness if I keep walking most days? That is how I interpret it. Not that I wouldn't mind being a size 8 again but be real, its a little harder as you get older.

Yesterday was a poor nutrition day. Ignore what I said. I had licorice and rice chips for breakfast, soup for lunch, and Chinese take out for dinner. I will attempt to do better today but no promises as there is left over Chinese food in the fridge. In an effort to counteract the Chinese food, I will go for a walk this afternoon.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...