Friday, December 28, 2007

Packing panic

We are leaving tomorrow morning. I can't find all of my fun in the snow outdoor clothes. I have been digging around and they aren't where they are supposed to be. Well, its only been since last February that I used them!!! Perchance they are just stored in a safe place. I have found some but will need to sort through them and figure out if they are what I really need. I have piled a bunch of stuff on my open suitcase. I need a bigger one. They aren't going to fit. Why don't I just take my whole closet? That would solve my problems.

Yes, we are going away for three whole days. This is very exciting. Even if I feel crappy (being technical again) I can look out the window at something other than our back yard. I hope to go snow shoeing at least twice. I don't know how long I will last but at least I will be outside. Maybe it won't rain. That would be bad for snow shoeing. We will see.

Yesterday I did get rained on. I actually got rather wet walking in the rain. It was a cold yucky rain but I was talking on my cell phone for the duration of my walk (I was one of those rude people who talk on their cell phone on the bike path - but there was no one else on there - everyone else was inside warm and dry - and probably smarter than me) so I didn't really notice how wet I got until I was home. Then I wasn't very productive all day. Considering my morning walk didn't start until nearly noon that isn't surprising. I did watch a good movie - "Stand By Me" - which I had never seen before. River Phoenix as a little kid! I also managed my daily nap after dinner in front of the TV but did go to bed early. I do NOT have circles under or around my eyes today. Just to be clear. Lots of sleep - its the extra naps in front of the TV - that have cured those.

Today I will get over tired. My brother is visiting with his four children. I know they will tire me out. We are going to eat vast quantities of food and then probably go for a walk before eating more vast quantities of food. With small children around you have to eat lots of meals to prevent crankiness. (Crabbiness is what occurs in adults, crankiness is for kids. Creakiness in your muscles is what happens when you exercise to much and is very different. Crabbiness is caused general crappy feelings and stress.) Somehow I also need to finish packing and may need to do some laundry today. This sounds busy. Perhaps I should motivate and take a shower instead of procrastinating all day on the computer.

2 comments:

Health Blog said...

It is so hard to fight this this disease. I hope you will be happy all of your life.

Unknown said...

Yes, fatigue, and a tendency to tire easily are among the most common conditions a cancer patient must deal with. Suggestion - make sure to get lots of rest, eat nutritiously and don't overdo! I wish all the luck in the world with this. It's tough!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...