Saturday, December 1, 2007

Junk food during chemo

I seem to have developed a taste for junk food. This week I purchased the aforementioned coconut sorbet, a can of cashews, a container of soft licorice twists, and sea salt rice chips (healthy potato chips). (The really bad thing is Walter doesn't like licorice or coconut sorbet and doesn't know about the rice chips or cashews.) In addition, we split a bag of Cape Cod potato chips at work one day. I also have a chocolate ice cream craving. So much for being healthy. Next week I shall try to improve my nutritional levels but these days I am not too concerned with nutrition.

I was thinking. Tomorrow is six months since I started my blog. I actually got my big news on May 31 (it took me a few days to figure out how to communicate), but there aren't 30 days in November so today is sort of the six month anniversary of my diagnosis. It has been quite a roller coaster ride. LOTS of trips to Lahey Clinic, doctor's appointments, needles, tests, treatments, many OMWAH sightings and not much fun. In the next three months, I should finish my treatments - now won't THAT be nice!

Now, I have not reported much on OMWAHs recently but there have been several sightings. The Lahey parking garage I am convinced is where they converge in the universe. I have been told it is ageist and sexist to describe OMWAHs but I should clarify that anyone of either sex or any age can have OMWAH status, it is really a reflection of driving ability, or lack of. I did see an OMWAH in the parking lot of Christmas Tree Shops yesterday. To the person in the black SUV on the phone, backing out of parking space without looking, you are an OMWAH! And just be glad the little white car managed to get out of your way before you hit them!

Anyhow, thank you to all who have been reading along on my wonderful little roller coaster ride. I hope I keep you all entertained at the very least and don't bore you too much.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I read your blog every day and it's been very helpful to me.

I also crave bizarre things while going through chemo. I'll get serious about nutrition when this is all over! :)

Happy Holidays!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...