Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Today we resume normal eating and exercise habits

We are feeling flabby. We ate too much the past few days - that darn socializing promotes bad eating habits! Once it warms up enough we are going for a walk (another death march according to Walter). I think we have eaten enough crap the last few days to allow us to death march for three days straight. Let's see - cookies, brownies, chocolates, (really good) cheese and crackers, bagels, salmon, cream cheese, cookies again, wine, three kinds of home made soup, pieces of a gingerbread house, Chinese food, miniature cheese quiche thingies, etc. You get the point. Do you see any nutritional/low fat/low calorie items listed? No! Today we will have a healthy breakfast, a light lunch, and (un)fortunately a giant dinner. We had decided to make a special Christmas night dinner for the two of us. We ate too much yesterday afternoon to eat dinner last night so we will have it tonight. Salad - lots of it, part of a brisket from a Texas smokehouse (a Christmas gift), and oven fries. Then we have ice cream for dessert - from the ice cream fairy. We have to eat our ice cream. We got ice cream of the month club (no joke) for Christmas too. We need to make sure we have room in our freezer for it. 4 pints each month. I think we will be dieting for a long time as well. (This isn't to say that ice cream of the month is a bad thing but just that for the duration of the deliveries we will have to watch what we eat to allow for timely consumption of ice cream. And bacon. We can't forget the bacon of the month as well. Sigh. I just won't let them check my cholesterol anytime soon. I think that will happen in April.)

In the meantime, kitty is recovering from his Christmas stocking. I think he needs rehab. Too much catnip. And there are about 6 more new catnip toys waiting for him in the freezer. (The freezer is the only cat proof container in our house.) This was a recommended storage area and I am using it unless we run out of room for our ice cream delivery.

Another exciting day in my life. Walter is actually off for a few days which may reduce his crabbiness. He really needed a vacation. He gets crabby when he needs a vacation. I am the proud owner of five watches with dead batteries. My goal is to get at least two of these repaired today so I can tell time again. It has been pointed out that I could just carry my cell phone around with me to tell time. That assumes I remember to keep it charged. I seem to have a problem with that and with keeping my camera battery charged. (I do manage to keep my car battery charged. Now I have probably jinxed myself by saying that but I do have a new car battery so I feel okay about saying it.)

We also need to go to the library and get ready for our upcoming trip to Vermont. We are going snowshoeing this weekend. A weekend away. We haven't been away for a weekend since the end of July when we went to the beach. This will be a little different. Snow covered mountains in VT. Either way it will be fun. A little snow shoeing, followed by a little window shopping, and more bad eating habits. Well, just for New Years, but we are staying at a B&B which I am sure has non-healthy breakfasts - they advertise their home made muffin of the day along with hot entrees such as breakfast burritos. And an afternoon snack of home made cookies. Just what we need. More cookies. Hmmm... We will resume our diet on Jan. 2.

PS The crabbiness level is significantly reduced by 10 hours of sleep. (Well so far it is.)

1 comment:

alex said...

https://prma-enhance.com/breast-reconstruction-blog/use-nutrition-exercise-to-prepare-for-surgery-and-optimize-recovery/

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...