Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Call me a moron

I meant to post this picture yesterday. I even mentioned it. I guess you could call me a moron. Or I can just blame chemo brain and get over it. That sounds easier. Anyhow, I love this picture. There was a downed tree with all the roots sticking up on the side of the trail. Walter said 'do you want me to go around to the other side so you can take my picture?' Voila! Its even in focus.

Well, I survived my long day yesterday. I walked, worked, job interviewed, support group, and class. Today, I am tired. Now there is a surprise! (Not!). However today I have another long day: walk, plant sale, work, therapist, work from home, and meet some friends for a drink. Yes, I am attempting to have a social life and interact with normal human beings (although being my friends, does that make them abnormal?). Actually it is nice to return to a sense of normal life, even if I do get tired out. The class last night was great. We got basically a yummy barbecue dinner and then learned how to make real barbecue. The funniest part was when the instructor would kneel on a chair and say 'pretend I am a quadroped' to show us where different cuts of meat were from...

Today will probably be 'bring your plants to work day' as well. I hope they don't mind but if I go to the plant sale on the way to work, I don't want to leave anything too fragile in my car all day. What's a little greenery in the office. It will also prevent me from buying too much if I have to carry into work and back out again.

As I sit here typing this, Walter is watching Becker on tv and laughing out loud. Its an older series, featuring Ted Danson, as a cynical, chain smoking doctor. Sometimes I wish some of my doctors were like that. Anyhow, today I get to return to Lahey. I haven't been there in weeks. Do I miss the place??? NO! And I get to deal with the stupid )*^&#$*&()* parking lot!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...