Monday, May 19, 2008

The short version

We did go away for the weekend but I do have jury duty this morning so I will only provide a short version. Tomorrow I will post more with pictures when I have a little more time. We drove up on Friday through the Lakes region. We went through some 'interesting' areas. (I have never before seen a pregnancy clinic with a giant sign - Walk Ins Welcome. I guess that's in case you weren't sure.) We did stop for lunch at Hart's Turkey Farm for lunch. I haven't been there in at least 20 years. Anyhow as soon as we sat down and opened our menus, all I could think of was the spam skit from Monty Python - just substitute the word turkey and you will understand what I mean.

We climbed a little mountain on Saturday afternoon, and then went hiking again both Saturday and Sunday. We stayed at the Woodstock Inn in NH, which was pretty nice. We could walk to restaurants and the food was good. Then we had to come home. Oh, well. The cat did miss us. We left him two bowls of dried food, a full can of wet food and a big bowl of water. He only ate all his canned for and one bowl of dried food, and left us two more hairballs as a memento.

Well off to jury duty. I have to be in down town Boston at 8:15 am!!! They definitely start early.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...