Friday, May 16, 2008

My day can only go up from here

The cat has started my day off on the wrong foot. He has left us, not one, not two, but three little hairball gifties around the house. Including one on my back pack in my closet that I am trying to take with me for the weekend. How thoughtful of him!!! NOT! Now he is just sitting pathetically next to me waiting for me to go downstairs and stir up the food in his dish! He will have to be VERY patient.

I also have a big list of things to do before we leave including calling back the dermatologist to see if they have anything sooner than two and 1/2 weeks from now. I was supposed to go back next week about my lovely rash and they called yesterday to post pone it. In addition, I have to do some work, finish packing, put away laundry, water plants, go to the bank, and I can't remember the rest because I have chemo brain and I haven't had enough coffee yet.

Do you think I overuse the chemo brain excuse? I certainly don't so you are just going to have to get over it.

Anyway, we are off for the weekend. We are going to a place that does not have internet access or reliable cell phone coverage. In other words, we will be out of touch. (Not that you couldn't say that sometimes we are mentally out of touch but this weekend we will physically be out of touch as well.) We hope to go hiking. In other words, I will carry a little bitty pack with water and granola bars. Walter will carry everything else for me. I guess I can struggle through that. We also plan to resume our mini-golf battles. He claims I am crabby when I lose! Ha! I now have to whip his butt at mini-golf to show him! Ha!

The real hope is that I don't have jury duty Monday so we can stay up north an extra day. I am on call for jury duty at the federal court house and have to call after 5 pm today to find out for sure. It actually would be kind of neat to go to the federal court house and see how that works. I have been called for jury duty before but only at the county court house. However, they do make it complicated - two forms of photo ID and no cell phones. They would probably confiscate my miniature swiss army knife on my key chain. Well that's Monday so I am not going to worry about it until then.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...