Tuesday, May 27, 2008

How often do you do it?

How often do you vacuum your car? I have been threatening to do this for a long time. I rarely do because I am lazy at times, my chemo brain allows me to forget how dirty my car is by the time I get back inside where the vacuum is, and every time I go for an oil change at the dealer, they vacuum it. Well, technically they vacuum your car but do they take out the floor mats, and really vacuum under and on the seats? No, they just sort of vacuum the visible areas so you think your car is cleaner than it is. Also, I stopped going to the dealer because the local gas station is closer.

Anyhow, yesterday, in a fit of tidiness (doesn't happen often so I took advantage of it), I decided to clean my car. I learned why there is a pen shortage in our house - because I had about 15 extra in my car. I also now know why there is a penny shortage in this country - because I had a few handfuls of them in my car. I will get them to the bank at some point to end the shortage. In addition to going through everything in my car and taking out the floor mats, I really vacuumed it. I even went to the local car wash where they have the high powered vacuum to really get it clean.

I also vacuumed the trunk. Now this is the area that the dealership does not vacuum and is hidden from view so you don't always remember to clean it. Well I did. I took everything out and found a visitors guide to New Hampshire from 2001. I could have sworn I have vacuumed it since then but possibly not. I did find about 8 years worth of Christmas tree needles so it is possible it has been that long. I do remember vacuuming the trunk after the 'christening incident' but that happened in the fall of 1999 right after I bought it. (The 'christening incident' occurred when a bottle of white wine rolled around my trunk and smashed... My car smelled like wine for weeks even though I pulled the carpet out and washed it.) I thought I had vacuumed more recently but now its done.

After that hard work, I went for my daily destressing and pretending I will get thinner walk. I went by a 'character'. Okay, picture a stocky guy about 60, wearing a tee shirt and shorts... With a multicolor beanie with a propeller... riding a razor scooter... with a little basket on it... for his miniature white poodle. They were having a nice time and enjoying the spring weather.

Now I do need to add that apparently we have the best behaved cat in the world. Why else would he insist on napping on the dining room table?

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...