Thursday, May 15, 2008

To some extent, I have been enjoying my time by myself. The cat is hanging out with me all the time, looking for Walter. I have been doing what I want. First of all, when Walter left I shut off the alarm clock. I mean why should it go off for his work schedule when he isn't here? I get to wake up whenever I want. Its not that I sleep really late but I do work from home in the morning and take my morning walk. As long as I am up by 730 or so I am fine. So no alarm clock.

Next I have been making all the foods he would never touch with a ten foot pole. Eggplant is my favorite vegetable. He hates it. I never get to make it. I made myself a little eggplant parmesan the other day. Today I get the second half of it for lunch. It is quite yummy and I don't have to share it. I also made a beet salad Tuesday. He hates beets. Well, the more for me. It was very good as well.

I have also been training the cat to sleep on Walter's side of the bed. This is more difficult than you think. When was the last time anyone could train a cat to do much of anything? (These engineers attempted to use their cats for to test certain theories but the cats didn't really cooperate. http://www.komando.com/videos/4-16.asp If you have a few minutes to waste, I recommend watching it.)

I have also been gardening and taking more garden pictures. When Walter is around, I get a hard time about this. 'Do you have to stop and look at your plants every day?' The answer is yes I do. I also took the opportunity to plant more seeds and to eradicate some plants from my garden for an upcoming plant swap. An unwanted plant is a weed. I have some that are relics from the previous owner's lame gardening attempts. They keep returning and are not what I want where I want it to be. Hence the weed status.

On the downside to not having a spouse around, there is no one to carry all the laundry up from the basement. This is something I really shouldn't do and I guess it will have to sit there until he comes home tonight. (I did solve the flooding problem by removing the lint trap altogether. We may have lint in the drains but we don't have a wet basement floor.) There is also no one to whine to about my ongoing medical complaints. I can whine to the cat about my rash and my gallstone but he doesn't really care.

Now he is due back tonight so I need to do all the things I said I would do before he left. Like pack to go away for the weekend. Organize what we need to take with us. That's okay. I have all day. Since I can't whine to the cat, I will say my rash is mostly gone but still there. My gallstone seems to be relatively happy with my current eating status so I have no plans to change back to a fat freer existence at this time. Less than a week till my next doctor appointment - my how time flies! (I did successfully tape my show last night - one gold star for me!)

1 comment:

Robin said...

Yes ! Yes! The joys of being alone! I think this particular joy can only be appreciated when one is in relationship, so that the rare and special time alone becomes quite precious. I am SO looking forward to the end of June when my partner will be away for a week...then I can eat my favorite foods, sleep with both cats on both sides of the bed, read in a quiet room, lunch with girlfriends , and feel blissfully in charge if only for a few days....... and then..welcome back, loved one!

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...