Sunday, May 11, 2008

Technology can be beyond me

Now I don't consider myself a geek, nor do I consider myself a technoweinie, but somewhere in the middle. However I have had considerable technical issues this week with the VCR. I wanted to tape a show that was on at 10pm on Wednesday night. It didn't work. I taped nothing. I then tried again Thursday night. When I went to watch it, I found I had taped ALL BUT THE LAST 5 MINUTES! So I tried taping again yesterday afternoon and found that I had read the tv listings wrong and was taping the wrong show AGAIN. Finally, I taped it last evening but managed to actually watch the last ten minutes when it was one to find out the ending. If this is what chemo brain does to my technical abilities I am doomed.

Today I am attempting to use the Belgian waffle maker. The point is not to burn them. I should be able to handle that. I hope. Its early still.

Also today I have a big list of stuff I need to do. Yesterday I planted all my annuals but today want to get some more and plant them. Its supposed to be rainy for the next few days so I want to get a jump on them and take advantage of the rain.

I am happy to report that after all my numerous surgeries and 'treatments' I can still garden. I was concerned because I can't carry heavy things with my left hand. Which also means no digging big holes with big shovels that take two hands. However, I could dig lots of little holes and water them. I had a nice time.

I have decided I can't continue to live a fat free existence. Fat free is boring. Sure my gallstone treats me better but where is the quality of life. Why can't I have little bits of fat? So I am. Yesterday I made chicken parmigiana but did not put mozzarella in it. I only put some Romano/Parmesan in the bread crumbs on the chicken. I also had a brownie. It was approximately 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 1". It was not large but it was yummy. I feel okay and my gallstone isn't protesting but I also feel like I got to enjoy a meal for the first time in a while. Belgian waffles this morning contained two eggs but instead of oil I used applesauce (you can usually substitute this in baking). However I wont jump on the ice cream and cheese bandwagon again anytime soon. I'll see what happens in the next few weeks and go from there.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...