Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The long version

Now I have time to write the long version. If you don't feel like reading it after reading the short version, well just look at the pictures or something. If you click on the pictures, they will open up in a new window.

We drove up on Friday and stopped at a variety of places - including six mini-golf courses that are closed on weekdays until the season starts. Instead we went to a giant arcade which featured historical video games and I played PacMan, PacMan Junior, PacMan Plus, Super PacMan and Ms. PacMan. I think I liked PacMan Junior best. After that we climbed a little mountain and had great views of Squam Lake. Friday night we treated ourselves to quite a yummy dinner but unfortunately my gall bladder did not like it and spoke up quite loudly. Needless to say, I am back in fat free land as much as possible.

Saturday started with a yummy breakfast and then a hike into Franconia Falls. Originally our plans included hiking some smaller mountains. We learned that I am not back in shape and anything involving elevation gain is pretty much more than I can handle these days. This was a long flat climb in which was okay. We also learned that due to all the record snow this winter that there are still 3-5 feet of snow up at fairly low elevations and that gaits, Traks, and ice axes are suggested. Another reason for staying at low elevations. (I also learned with my strong photographic skills that I can take little tiny pictures with my camera as well as movies. This means that some of my pictures are too small to print out at nice quality. Grr...)

After that we opened our mini-golf season - with a TIE! We are both pouting over this. We have decided on a rematch next weekend. To recover from all this arduous exercise, I needed a two hour nap before dinner and then went to bed early after dinner.

Sunday, we walked through the Flume in Franconia Notch. I hadn't been there in many years and it was very nice - full of waterfalls - which are at their peak. We then went to the Basin and up to Kinsman falls. Which was a short hike. There was this neat downed tree where I took a picture of Walter. Then I was exhausted. So maybe, possibly, there is a tiny chance, I over did it this weekend. I was informed I get whiney when I over do things...

We then stopped at the outlets on the way home

Yesterday, I went to jury duty. My plan was when the time was right to tell the judge that I am not physically able to sit at a trial. After sitting around for 3 1/2 hours, I got my moment to speak and was sent home for the day. Unfortunately the judge didn't let me off my obligation for three years, he said in six months they would call me again. (Mental note to self to get a doctor's note if I am still feeling crappy.)

Tuesday's big adventure after going to work and before my support group is a job interview. Well, I hope its a job interview. It has been rescheduled and I didn't get a confirmation back but I am assuming there will be a job interview and am going. However the really big excitement is tonight Walter and I are going to a class. What else is it on? Eating of course. Actually its a barbecue class. We like to cook on the grill. I always feel clueless when buying meat to an extent. Also, what cuts are best? How to marinate or dry rub first. What to look for, what to do? From Walter's point of view, how best to prepare the coals (no gas grill for us) and to cook it. Not only will we learn about this, but the instructor is a bbq chef at a local restaurant and he is bringing samples. Yummy!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...