Monday, May 5, 2008

It was a fun weekend

I went away for the weekend. I stayed up too late, ate lots of bad food, got a tattoo, watched the Kentucky Derby, didn't get enough sleep, but otherwise had a fun time. That was the first time I went away for a weekend in over a year so it was well deserved. (That was a test to see if you were awake. Yes, we all got temporary tattoos. It has already started to fade. No needles for us!)

Walter stayed home and had drill. He had to get a shot in preparation for his trip (that has since been canceled) to Honduras. If you were a nurse who had contracted out to the army to provide inoculations for soldiers, can you think of anything more appropriate than Hello Kitty and Sponge Bob band aids? I mean, what is more coordinated with a uniform than kids bandaids?

Last night I went to bed early to recover from my fun filled weekend. today I feel somewhat more human. I have lots of work to do and then have to go to work. I also have to figure out my mysteriously multiplying appointments. I had a follow up appointment with the surgeon at the end of May. Then another appointment showed up for June 16 and then another for June 30. I have to call and find out if there is something going on here that I don't know about. More patient confusion. They are getting very good about it.

Also, yesterday when I got home, I got to deal with another rocket scientist at Symantec. A few weeks ago, I switched to Walter's three computer subscription for antivirus after dealing with a rocket scientist in online chat for an hour and 45 minutes. Yesterday I got an email from Symantec that my original subscription had been automatically renewed and I was charged $52.49. This was something the original rocket scientist was supposed to prevent so I picked up the phone and called and after several press 1 for this program, press 3 for this issue, I got a life form (and I use the term loosely). We shall just say that English was clearly a second language, she was reading from a script, and didn't have a clue. After two tries to communicate, where she asked 'what is the issue you are calling about?' and I responded 'an issue with automated renewal that wasn't supposed to happen' and then she asked the same question again because she either lost her place in her script or didn't understand what I said, I asked to be transferred to her supervisor to handle the transaction. It took her 10 minutes to transfer me because she had to 'document the issue' (which was now escalated to a problem with automated renewal and issues with telephone staff), I was transferred to her supervisor. His English was better and
the transaction was resolved in about 2 minutes. So 10 minutes of waiting to get a 2 minute resolution.

What I find interesting is that after I posted previously about my issues with Symantec, I received a message from someone who said they worked at Symantec and would be happy to help resolve any outstanding issues. I chose not to respond to them as they only provided a gmail email address. I think a real employee would be able to provide a Symantec email address. I put this in the phishing category. Its interesting what is on the internet and where it ends up.

Okay, no more typing. Off to do some work! (Eek!)

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...