Monday, May 12, 2008

Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay!

I get it! I can't carry heavy things with my left hand. This includes full watering cans, heavy potted plants, bricks, big bags of dirt and fertilizer, and patio furniture. I GET IT! Now my arm is sore. This is not a good thing. It may mean lymphedema which is a permanent problem. I think I get to call the doctor on this one. WAH!!!! I do have an appointment to see him next week so I may wait and see what happens but grrrr!!!!

As you can guess, I did get to garden again yesterday. We went to another gardening center and I got some more annuals to plant, and a couple of perennials, and a big bag of potting soil to mix with compost for the containers. We also went and picked up some bricks to make borders for the gardens. I carried a single brick in each hand. Walter carried big bins of bricks. He isn't sore. I am. (Not fair.) I also ended up getting completely tired out. By 3 pm I was ready for a nap so I lay down in bed and guess what was on TV - the same episode of the same show I had tried to tape four times in a row. Because of my wonderful chemo brain, I could watch it a second time and enjoy it.

Today I have to get my act together early. I have a 9 am phone call, followed by work at home, then off to work, then back home to drive Walter to the subway to get to the airport, then back to work, and then back home to meet a friend to go for a walk and have dinner. I think I am tired just thinking about all that. But being tired does make me sleep well.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...