Sunday, May 25, 2008

Things to do

Here is my list of things I want to do. No its not a bucket list, its just a regular list. I figure if I actually write them down, I might do them.

1. Learn to ride my bike with no hands. I never did this as a kid - maybe I was a chicken but its never too late to learn something new.

2. Switch to organic only gardening products. No more fertilizer and chemicals. I will use up what I have and replace with all organic. I do reserve the right to use chemicals on the burrowing wasps we occasionally get in the patio, the giant ant colonies, and Japanese knotweed.

3. Do something about the lovely wall paper in the kitchen. Currently it is a 'beautiful' (and I use the word very loosely) harbor scene with boats. One friend suggested taking pictures of friends and putting them in all the boats to help disguise it. (Its not as ugly as the bordello wall paper that was on the basement stairs when we first moved in but is a close second. I will never understand some people's sense of taste.)

4. Clean my car. I have been considering this for some time. I periodically go out and clean out debris but I want to really clean it. Maybe do some serious upholstery cleaning as well. I could pay someone to have it detailed but I am cheap and they use lots of nasty chemicals.

5. Learn how to make real Chinese food from scratch. Not just stir fry in a wok but egg rolls, hot and sour soup, and other things.

6. Go on a real vacation where we go on an airplane to someplace exotic and do some very interesting things. I am planning on Iceland for my 50th birthday but I wouldn't mind going some place else a little sooner.

Well that's a good start. I am sure there are other things I should do but a list of 6 items will get me going. (If you don't know what a bucket list is, go watch The Bucket List... I haven't seen it yet but I plan to.)

Yesterday we were very productive. Walter finished the brick borders, sanded and painted the iron railing by the side door, sanded and painted the metal patio furniture, and sanded and stained the teak patio table. Then he wonders why he is sore today? I only planted plants, did a little weeding, set up the window boxes, and started parsley and dill from seed and went for a walk. I feel lazy compared to him.

Today, we will go for a walk on the bike path (not a death march but a nice walk) before going to the beach in the afternoon. Its a beautiful day and should be around 70 which will be great for the beach and a barbecue. I did realize the sad fact that chemo brain no longer allows me to get organized at the last minute. I have to write down lists of what to bring and then check to make sure I have everything. Right now the only thing I have in the bag is the printed out directions...

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...