Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Message to my little chemo brain:

WAKE UP!!! Yesterday, in an uncontrollable desire to be a nice person and a good wife, I drove Walter to the airport. On the way, there was a traffic report that the Sumner tunnel was down to one lane. Well, that's so useful to know if you can't remember which tunnel goes in which direction to and from the airport. (Sort of like remembering is it standard time now or day lights savings time? Who knows? As far as I am concerned, there is only current time and the other time which makes me change lots of clocks and watches, except for the ones I leave that are only correct for half each year.) Anyway, then there was a very educational overhead sign that informed us that we were about to take the Callahan tunnel to the airport. That meant in leaving I would need to take the somewhat clogged up Sumner tunnel. Unless I went the more deviant route home through the new Ted Williams tunnel which puts you on a different highway.

So I dropped Walter off and started off on my adventure. Because my little chemo brain couldn't handle driving and reading overhead signs, I missed the exit for the Sumner tunnel anyway and ended up at the Ted Williams Tunnel - where the toll was $3.50!!! Which puts you on the turnpike where they charged me another toll to get off. If I had read the signs at the airport, I might have actually made a real decision instead of just following the road....

Then I got back to work and got all kinds of things mixed up as the result of my stressful drive. Chemo brain in action. I probably should not try walking and chewing gum at the same time yet. I don't think I am ready for it.

After work I was so tired, I had to sit around for half an hour. A friend was coming over for a walk after work. She was concerned she was late. I was concerned I was too tired to walk. However we did walk (wearing many layers of clothes as it was 46 degress with at 20 mph wind and its the middle of May). And we ate out. I had a Greek salad with half a sandwich. I ate salad dressing, feta cheese and olives for the first time in about three weeks. I survived. My gallstone doesn't appear to hate me. Then I talked on the phone to another friend who is going to Ghana for two weeks. I am very jealous. Our vacation was canceled and she gets to go to Ghana. Some things just aren't fair. This year I will go to Minnesota.

Today's big project is to water all the plants and seeds I planted this weekend. The weather forecasted all day rain Monday into Tuesday. So when I planted everything, I watered it a little and assumed that the rain would take care of real watering. So much for that idea. When I grow up I want to be a weather person so I can be wrong all the time and still get paid for it!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...