Friday, May 2, 2008

Fred Flinstone would have been proud

We went out to a fancy restaurant for dinner. Walter got his normal choice of prime rib. (He is very consistent. If its not prime rib, its filet. A definite carnivore. Always ceasar salad too.) There it was served on the bone. It looked like a Fred Flinstone meal. He exercised great restraint and brought home half of it. I, on the other hand, ate my entire meal. But it wasn't very big. I had politically incorrect veal madeira topped with shrimp and lobster. It was very yummy. They made the sauce lighter for me. However my gall bladder today is saying 'why did you do that?' Because it was our anniversary and I am sick of boring food!

I enjoyed the second day of the conference yesterday but by 3 pm I felt I was running out of steam and came home. I did learn a lot. The newest things on line in marketing are all about blogs, microblogs, social media, and changing around your traditional mind set. You are very luck it is too early in the day for a marketing lecture as I am on my first cup of coffee.

Today's big plans include packing for the weekend - I am going away to a friends cabin up north. Walter has drill so he gets to stay home with the cat. This is a girls weekend. We will do all sorts of incredibly lazy things like get in our pajamas early, stay up late, go shopping, and just sit around eating lots of different kinds of food. Somehow I will use restraint and not eat fattening food but we do have a dilemma. Normally we eat lots of fattening and yummy things. Not this time. I will be good. 45 minutes from the nearest hospital, which is down the mountain, is not a good place to start playing gall bladder games. I am driving up this afternoon with a friend and it will be nice to have company for the drive.

Before I go, I need to do all kinds of things. Some work, cancel the GI doctor, call my primary care and see if she can refer me to a different GI doctor, pack, laundry, feed the cat, etc. The cat has been eating amazing amounts of food this week. We aren't sure why. (We know he's not eating for two!) All of a sudden, its like there is a vacuum cleaner inhaling his entire bowl of food that used to take him a day or two to eat the whole thing. The only problem with this is when his food dish gets too low, he comes and sits on me in the middle of the night so I will get up and feed him (fat chance).

Otherwise my garden has more tulips in bloom as well as an early primrose. The dogwood and lilac are about to bloom and my peonies finally have buds!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...