Thursday, May 8, 2008

Doctor and patient confusion

The other day I was trying to clear up my mysteriously multiplying doctor appointments. At first I was told, just go to the first one and then ask about canceling the others but then they sent me a letter saying one would be cancelled and replaced by another one. so I called. They were just as confused as I was. Now I only have one appointment with that doctor. And I feel better knowing I was not the only one confused.

We finally broke down and canceled our vacation plans completely. We will go for a long weekend next weekend after Walter's trip next week. He'll be gone for three days! WAH!

In the meantime, I supposed I can do things like work, look for a job, fold laundry, and clean the house. I actually have lots of laundry to fold. I thought we had a big plumbing leak in the basement somehow related to the laundry machine and its draining into the basement sink which has a pump on it to push the water up to street level.

I did a load of laundry on Monday and went back down stairs to a big flood. This had happened a couple of times recently but when you are doing laundry and its raining really hard outside, you have to figure out is it the roof or the plumbing? Anyway, I called the plumber who was going to come yesterday morning. Before he arrived, I thought I should recreate this so he could see what happens. It turned out that we had put a lint trap on the end of the hose that comes out of the washer and drains into the sink. It lets the water spray into the sink, and over the side of the sink onto the basement floor. Well I fixed that and canceled the plumber. I am very happy we don't need a new pump or expensive pipes! (I was informed by my very intelligent husband that I probably should have tried to run the washer and wait to see the leak before calling the plumber in the first place.) Now I have six loads of laundry to fold. Grrr.

Yesterday I also worked a lot at home, did some gardening (which are baby weeds and which are baby plants - that is the question). Then I went to work for a few hours. I also made us quite a yummy dinner. Relatively fat free but not completely. I made veal and prosciutto rolled up with sage and butternut squash and brown rice pilaf. Tonight I am disguising (a/k/a marinating) boneless skinless chicken (again) in garlic, capers, and lemon juice. This fat free thing is really boring. I keep on having to disguise boneless skinless chicken as it is relatively fat free. And not make it fattening which means no oils, cheeses, or nuts with it.

Today I am working from home after I go for a walk after the rain showers stop. Then I am going to work. No wait, first I am going to pick up my co-worker on the way to work. I can't forget that part! Then after work I get to go get a very important pedicure and manicure. What colors to get? Very important for a pedicure as it sticks around for quite a while.

Now this is the time of year where every time we leave the house, I have to stop and look at the garden. For some reason, Walter gives me a hard time about this. Anyway, I wanted to share what I have blooming out there which is kind of a lot which is why there are all these pictures.

Now, this is what 'sick' cancer patients due with their spare time when they are feeling better and growing out there hair.














Yes, he has forgiven me for this. I gave him some kitty treats!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...