Monday, May 26, 2008

Do I have a life?

Evidently not. Yesterday I was feeling quite proud of myself that we actually went out and socialized and saw some friends at their house on the beach with another couple. We played with their 3 year old daughter and ate some yummy food. Then I got tired and we came home. This is a picture of the view from the beach. I am not sure what the two white things are but you can faintly see the Pilgrim Monument across Cape Cod bay in the middle. It is 252 feet tall and about 20 miles away as the crow (or seagull in this case) flies.

This morning I open my email. I have a message from one friend who is spending the weekend in Paris. Just around the corner. Not a bad place to be! I wouldn't mind a trip back there myself. Then another friend sends an email from the resort she is staying at on the coast in Ghana (yes, that country in Africa). Just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Evidently, both of them are having fun in exotic places. We drove 1 1/2 hours to the beach. No comparison.

Well maybe its a good thing I am not travelling to exotic places until I get my photography skills in hand. Yesterday I managed to take many pictures - using the Shade exposure setting while in the bright sun on the beach. Needless to say, they came out in shades of white.

Apparently in the eyes of Lahey clinic I still have a life as well. It is a little known fact that you never receive more than two sheets of appointment listings at one time. That is a total of 10 appointments. If you have more than that scheduled, you just wont know until you get closer. I still have two full sheets - ten appointments - between now and mid-August that I know of. Actually, I think I have 11 scheduled, and the last one is on the invisible third page.

Lucky me, I only have two appointments this coming week. On Friday I get to have a mammogram (gee, can't wait) and a follow up with the surgeon (what fun). At least he can't biopsy my rash which has basically gone away and been passed off to my dermatologist. I also think I have too many different doctors now. I have a primary care, a surgeon, a medical oncologist, a radiation oncologist, a dermatologist, a gastroenterologist, and a psychiatrist. I think that's it. I think that's plenty. I get to see them all in the next three months too. (Maybe they'll get lonely if I don't go see them??)

Anyhow, today's big plan was to try to go for a bike ride. That has been put on hold as I am very tired and someone who shall be nameless got a sunburn on the top of his feet sitting on the beach yesterday. Instead, I guess I will have to breakdown and do some weeding.

Before I forget, there was a great article in today's Boston Globe on Ted Kennedy and cancer. Basically, we don't fight it in the sense of 'Rah team'. We live our lives with it. Once you get it, your life is never going to be the same.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...