Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm running out of topics

Perhaps it is because I am feeling better that I am running out of topics. Well, I am mostly feeling better. I don't have ANY surgery planned, or significant tests. Well, some tests. I am having a bone density test to check for osteoporosis issues and then a mammogram to find out if they 'missed' anything in all the other ones I have had. However I only have a paltry five doctor appointments scheduled in the next three months, and any one of these could lead to more 'adventures' (read that as fun with needles and yucky preparation tests). I shall have to just be patient.

Speaking of doctor appointments, I called yesterday to cancel some of my multiple surgeon follow up appointments that seem to be growing spontaneously. I was advised not to cancel them and to go to the first one and ask if I am supposed to have additional ones. Then in the mail, I received a notice stating that the doctor is unavailable for my scheduled appointment so it has been rescheduled for another date. Unfortunately, they did not say which of the appointments was cancelled. Very interesting. Today I will make another attempt to clarify the situation. The art of perfecting patient confusion!

Yesterday's big adventure was that I went to do a load of laundry and ended up with a big puddle on the basement floor. I believe we have a drainage problem relating to our basement sink into which the washer drains... A plumber is due tomorrow morning. Just how expensive our plumbers? Well, I think they all live in nice houses. Hopefully, it wont be too bad and he can fix it asap.

One little battle I keep losing is the cat and my pillow. This weekend I took my favorite pillow away with me (I like it, its very comfy). On Sunday night, I left it in my car because I was lazy (there is no other reason) and suffered greatly with an extra pillow to go with my paltry little pile of three pillows (okay, I like lots of pillows). Last night my special favorite pillow was returned to our bed and I was very comfy when I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night sleeping on a little teeny corner of it because the CAT had hogged the whole thing! Most unfair! Is it possible to educate a cat?

Today, I am doing some work and then a volunteer meeting and then finally my support group. I also have reschedule our vacation. Walter has to go on a business trip next week so we can't go to the Shenandoah valley as planned. Instead, we will go for a long weekend in NH some place. Grrr..... Yes, I am being crabby about this.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...