Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Aggravation day!

I think everyone was out to aggravate me yesterday!!! First I tried to order something on line. The stupid website kept giving me an error message - select type of credit card. Well I did. Evidently the website doesn't know what Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover cards are. So I had to call in my order and deal with a very intelligent life form a/k/a a customer service rep. It was so much fun.

Then I called my surgeons office about the evaporating follow up appointment. The nurse said to me "I can't reschedule your mammogram so I need to transfer you down to them and you reschedule us and get transferred back up here and then we can reschedule the doctor?" Huh? They have always done this before. Well off I went and spoke to the mammogram rescheduling person, who was different than the mammogram scheduler that I spoke to first. Then she couldn't transfer me on her phone so I had to call back. I get the same rocket scientist again and she said "Let me call you back in five minutes." Fair enough. She did and guess what? She had rescheduled my mammogram and appointment for a date two weeks earlier. She must have learned to reschedule mammograms quite quickly in that five minute interval.

The highlight of my day came when I tried to renew my Norton Antivirus. As I was about to do it I noticed that one subscription covers up to 3 household computers. A little light came on in my tiny brain as I realized that Walter had just renewed his antivirus so I should be covered under his subscription. I tried to contact Symantec. Their website said the customer service phones had a 30 minute wait but I could do live chat right away. Well, I did live chat with a very (and I stress the word very) intelligent life form (from a galaxy far, far, far, far away) for an hour and 45 minutes. They were rather clueless. I had to help them uninstall and reinstall. I got to do laundry, water the garden, and wash dishes while waiting for their (in)ept actions. My blood pressure was just fine when I finished.

After all that fun, I really needed to go shopping - retail therapy at its best - at the local consignment stores and then met a friend for a walk before going to my support group.

But the real news of the day is I got the blood test results back from my doctor. It is possible to eat a diet of bacon, ice cream and gum drops and have your cholesterol and glucose levels go down. Last year my bad cholesterol was 103, this year its 78. My good cholesterol was 57 and this year its 77. So my total cholesterol actually went down 7 points as well. Bring on the bacon and ice cream!

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...