Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My turn to cause confusion

Yep, I get to cause the confusion. Now two doctors have said "I have no idea what that rash is from". Actually the surgeon was kind of funny. He said "I am a simple doctor. Either its cancer or its not. There is a rare, recurrent form of breast cancer that shows up as a rash. But it doesn't look like what you have. A dermatologist would probably give it a fancy name that ends in '-osis' but I don't know what it is." He did not biopsy it because he said due to the recency of my radiation it would cause more scarring than I might think. However, I am due to go back to him in two months and if I still have it, he will biopsy it then.

Hmmm... I think I can live with that for now. I'll just ignore it for two months and maybe it will go away on its own. That is always the best advice for medical issues and other things. If you have something bothering you, ignore it and maybe it will go away (like an annoying co-worker). Or if your car engine makes a weird noise, close your window and turn up the radio. Sometimes if you have a cold, you can just ignore it and it will go away. So that is my plan of action for now. Besides I have enough other things going on to worry about for now anyway.

Otherwise, yesterday was not exciting. I went to Lahey and spent 36 minutes there. This surgeon is great. I never seem to wait (now I will jinx myself on my next visit) and can get in and out of there in a very brief period of time. Then I went to work. I made purple cauliflower, winter squash, and red pepper saute with curry and steak for dinner. Very interesting color mixture. I did go for a walk as well. It never got very warm. Today they claim it will hit mid-50's. I am waiting not so patiently.

Another thing I am not being so patient about is the rest of my flowers. Why aren't they blooming? What? A little cold weather is keeping them away????

Today I am working from home and staring at my unflowering gardens. I could clean the house but... No, not today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...