Saturday, April 26, 2008

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

I am being VERY mature about this! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! I went to the oncologist yesterday for a follow up. Somethings are good. I am not having a lot of side effects to Tamoxifen. My blood counts are fine, even the ones that are slightly below normal. Hot flashes are not a big deal. But... Of course, there is a 'but' every time I go to a doctor. He said that the abdominal pains I am having could be from two things - heart burn and gall bladder. Gee something else! So now I am taking Prilosec every day for a month. The GI doctor suggested this a month ago but I didn't as I didn't think I was having heart burn issues. And I am on a FAT FREE diet for a week to see if my gall bladder will stop acting up. Grr, grr, grr, grr, grr.

What is a fat free diet you ask? This means none of the following: bacon, cheese, ice cream, red meat, oils, butter, and chocolate. I get to eat things like steamed vegetables with no butter, broiled seafood, salads with balsamic vinegar for dressing, and plain stuff. Breakfast will be fruit and fat free yogurt. Lunch will be vegetables and fruit and some plain chicken or something. Dinner will be boring and blah!!!!! Boring food means a boring life!!!!! WWWAAAAHHHH!!! See how mature I can be about this!

Okay. I can be mature now. I got that out of my system. For now. Until my next boring meal.

Today I will be a mature adult and get my nails done, meet some friends for coffee (and NOT have one of the yummy individual quiches that I usually get for lunch), and then do lots of stuff around the house and some work from home.

No comments:

I Started a New Blog

I started this blog when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007. Blogging really helped me cope with my cancer and its treatment. Howe...